Quest for a Bug Free Forest
Hey guys! Today's game update is mainly a bug fix update to address bugs that were found by myself and others after the bug fix update I posted the other day. Otherwise, nothing much has been added here. You can see the changes below:
===== NEW =====
- The minigame "Cosmic Defender" will now store your top 10 high scores and display the highest one while playing the game.
- A new "high_scores.ini" file has been added to store these. Currently the game won't show the other 9 high scores, so you can go here to check them (but don't cheat!)
===== IMPROVED =====
- Having "Use Hi Res Assets" disabled is now more efficient on the GPU.
- Objects that you can interact with now convey better when you're close enough to actually interact with them.
- The "Save Time" parameter is now more precise, down to the millisecond.
- The camera will no longer realign itself if you move Lance just a little bit and then stop again, unless you're starting to go too far from the center of the screen.
===== BUG FIXES =====
- Fixed an issue where you could pause on the title screen, causing a double menu to appear.
- Setting "AllowGamepadInput" to "false" now actually disables gamepad input.
- Fixed Lance getting caught in an infinite loop when spinning while leaving the secret bridge area by fixing Lance's extended spin hitbox from processing these transition objects in the first place.
- Fixed an issue with Lance's shield spawning at the wrong depth.
- Lance can no longer collect Fish Scales that aren't on the same layer he is (for instance, Scales that are on the bridge can't be collected by Lance when he goes underneath it.)
- Fixed an issue where fixing the game lagging when resizing the window caused the game to recalculate all graphics between room transitions.
- Fixed an issue where pressing the "Back" menu option on the Save Game menu would softlock the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Interactable Indicator would incorrectly calculate the distance between Lance and the object he could interact with.
- The game does a better job now at enforcing item caps within the game.
- Fixed an issue where pressing Escape while Lance was jumping would cause him to float in the air.
- Fixed an issue where Lance could jump off a ledge and land on the very corner of a wall, preventing him from falling in the water.
- Fixed the blur around the screen edge not updating its position properly during a screen transition.
- Fixed an issue where too many instances were activated when loading a room or going indoors/outdoors.
- "Increase Window Size" and "Decrease Window Size" no longer show on non-desktop versions of Shield Cat (although nobody but me has access to that for the time being lmao)
- Lance no longer shows up in the wrong spot when going into the Cosmic Defender minigame.
- The game will now crash if it attempts to load from a corrupted save slot (if all other checks against this failed) preventing it from autosaving over the corrupt save slot with even more corrupt data.
===== Known Bugs =====
- Sometimes grass will cast a shadow on Lance, even after it has been cut.
Thanks to the following patrons, the rest of my patrons, and everyone who supports me and makes Shield Cat possible!
Accalia, Shadow8t4, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, David Wolfpaw, Spyduck, Fao, Flake, FoxyDude, Rix, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, GamerRat (Jan), Gri, Goronhead, Holly Hoppet, Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Luna, Durk Vash, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Mello the Ferret, Leon P, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Cam D'Arcy, Saiai, Saxxon Fox, Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Vivee, jay jorts, Kazy, keeri, megaRammy, raine, SUSHiCLAWS
Get Shield Cat
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.