Music and Fancy Lance Letters Update! (Revised)
A revised version of the build has been published that fixes a critical bug that caused the game to crash when trying to play Cosmic Defender. The new build number is 070320r1. Please be sure to download this updated build! This build also fixes an issue where the music would stop if you fall into a pit.
Howdy! Coming at you with a new build today that's mainly to address the glitch introduced in the last build where grass wouldn't always cut, but you also get to access the new goodies as well! It also contains bug fixes and enhancements aimed at performance on low end machines.
The star of the show here though is the fact that the game now has music! It doesn't have a lot since not a lot has been written yet, but you can check it out and tell me if there's any issues with it looping or playing back on your machine.
As always, here is a list of changes:
===== NEW =====
- Lance now has a spring in his step, but only if he has a good amount of health!
- The forest now has music! (there's no audio level controls yet though so you're stuck with it even if you don't like it. Audio level controls will come soon I hope!)
===== IMPROVED =====
- Lance's max speed stat for when he's spinning has been increased from 8 to 10. However, he also doesn't get as much speed from each button press at higher speeds so it takes a bit to build up such speed. You won't do it with the starting amount of magic.
- Debug overlay now shows exactly what objects are active at any given time as well as how many of each object are active.
- The LANCE Letter overlay has been improved and now uses 3D objects!
- Improved the graphics pipeline and performed optimizations. Everything will appear sharper now as it is all scaled in a uniform manner.
===== BUG FIXES =====
- Game no longer crashes if you somehow manage to get out of bounds and then get back in bounds.
- Grass would sometimes not show as having been cut, even after being cut.
- Lance can no longer interact with enemies who aren't on the same layer he is (meaning he also can't be hit by them.)
- Lance's light source now follows him during screen transitions.
- Made further improvements to offscreen objects not being activated when they're not supposed to be when entering a new screen.
- Also improved objects being active on the pause screen that don't need to be, further causing extra processor usage.
- Adjusted the way that Lance's health/etc is drawn to the screen, making it so that things don't draw outside of the game view when the game is at odd resolutions, as well as ensuring that 3D objects are also drawn at low res when "Use Hi Res Assets" is disabled.
- Lance now draws in front of and behind the gear objects correctly.
- Lance no longer shows in front of the Cosmic Defender building if you swim around behind it.
- Fixed LANCE letter overlay not showing if you've already collected all the letters in a room.
- Fixed a bug where Lance's silhouette would draw, even if he was not visible.
- Fixed an issue where the Pretty Petal count would temporarily carry over from different save files and/or starting a new game.
- Fixed background not drawing on Pretty Petals during a screen transition.
===== Known Bugs =====
- Sometimes grass will cast a shadow on Lance, even after it has been cut.
A big thank you to the following patrons, as well as the rest of my patrons and everyone who supports me!
Accalia, Shadow8t4, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, David Wolfpaw, Spyduck, Fao, Flake, FoxyDude, Rix, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, GamerRat (Jan), Gri, Goronhead, Holly Hoppet, Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Luna, Durk Vash, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Mello the Ferret, Leon P, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Cam D'Arcy, Saiai, Saxxon Fox, Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Vivee, jay jorts, Kazy, keeri, raine, SUSHiCLAWS
Get Shield Cat
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.