Final Demo Update
Hey guys! Thank you to everyone who tried out the demo! A lot of people really liked it, and I'm glad! Today I'm bringing you the Final Demo Update which adds fixes and Quality of Life changes that will help the demo last for a long time until the next one. Unless game-crashing bugs are found, no more features or changes will be being added to the demo. Here is a list of changes!
===== NEW =====
- Roxy will now deflect all attacks.
- There is now a small preview of where you saved that's shown when loading that save (for save files from older versions of Shield Cat, no image will be shown until you actually play that save file - it will be created as soon as you load the game.)
- A minimap has been added to the top right corner of the screen! Now you can know where you've been and where you need to go.
- Text scaling options have been added that allow you to adjust the size of text in menus and dialogues.
- You can now configure the sprites and text you'd like to use for XInput gamepads to better reflect what device you're using (Windows only.)
- Steam Screenshots now work properly (default F12)
===== IMPROVED =====
- Lance's pathfinding logic for locating a good spot to stand when talking to NPCs or reading signs has been improved.
- The mouse cursor will now turn into a hand when moving over stuff that you can click.
- An anti-cheat measure has been put into place to prevent people from cheating on the leaderboards (Steam version only)
- Lance's states are now shown on the debug menu to help with uncleared substate debugging.
===== CHANGED =====
- The way the Magnet passive attracts collectibles has been improved: now, once Lance gets close enough, they will continue to travel toward him.
- Additionally, Lance's Magnet passive works even when he has none equipped, but only in a very small radius around him.
- However, the Magnet passive no longer draws in Fish Scales, Cat Coins, or Big Keys unless you're already nearby to them anyways.
- It is now clarified in Willow's dialogue that she is a fox (sprite improvements will come later for this.)
- The lighting has been adjusted in Lance's house.
- The Android version of Shield Cat has been canceled.
- The sound the golden gate makes has been quieted down.
- The lever will now be destroyed and drop Petals and Fish if you strike it enough.
- Locks can no longer be opened using Lance's abilities (as concerns were raised over accidentally using keys during combat.)
===== BUG FIXES =====
- Fixed a bug where having 4:3 mode enabled would mess up the title screen alignment.
- Fixed a bug on the Magic Vials where the hitbox was not big enough.
- Fixed a bug where the menu would do the flip animation after buying something from Roxy, where it is not supposed to do so.
- Fixed a bug where game UI particles would be drawn on the screen when a full-screen message was being displayed.
- Fixed some spelling errors.
- Fixed an issue where you could open the "Debug Mode Enabled" dialogue multiple times.
- Fixed a bug where Pretty Petals were immediately attracted to Lance when spawned, making them too easy to collect (especially after falling into a pit)
- Fixed a bug where having the Dagger's "Explosion" upgrade equipped and causing an explosion to happen nearby to a vase would case the game to crash.
Thank you to the following supports and everyone who makes this possible, and everyone who tried out the demo! Accalia, Shadow8t4, BeepSterr, BenTheDragon, Bizarre Machinist , David Wolfpaw, Caliburn Absolute, Chris Badger, Clover Arizona, DimSumthing, Spyduck, Cloud Hop, Fao, FaultBat, Flake, FoxyDude, Nutalie Frost, Gri, Goronhead, Holly 'Frinkel' Lotor, JD Laclede , Jyrki, LanceCharge, Kaylex Deer , Hulex Fox, Kirbizard, Kaypar, Trash, LF, LexiTheTT, Lorxus, Luna, Luna Moona the Little Kahuna , Durk Vash, phantomsqueaks, Markus Joseph Kitsinger , Marlyn, Maxine Red, Mello the Ferret, Midori, Nenekiri Bookwyrm, Axel Husky , NovaSquirrel, Otarine, Ripp_, Cam D'Arcy, SUSHiCLAWS, Saxxon Fox, Scylla-Leeezard , Ansel Geisel, Susan Tolias, Tabby Cromarty, Vivee, William 'Kenku' Swiftfoot, Kazy, meerm, megaRammy, raine
Get Shield Cat
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.